12 / 2009
- Other Press has sold the worldwide Spanish language rights for "By Fire, By Water" to Planeta, the largest publisher in the Spanish speaking world.
12 / 2009
- Below, a profile that appeared in the December, 2009 issue of Mt Lebanon Magazine. If you want to read the article, click the image twice.
4 / 2010
- I'm exceedingly proud to announce that Philadelphia's "One Book, One Jewish Community" program has selected "By Fire, By Water" as their reading selection for 2010-2011. The program has been in existence for four years and the previous winners have all been prestigious: Dara Horn’s All Other Nights, Ariel Sabar’s My Father’s Paradise, and Aaron Lansky’s Outwitting History. Click to see the: official announcement
5 / 2010
6 / 2010
- Italian Language rights sold!
7 / 2010
- The State of Delaware has joined forces with Philadelphia's One Book, One Jewish Community program. By Fire, By Water is now the official 2010 - 2011 reading selection for the Jewish community of the entire state of Delaware.
- The Jewish community of Houston has selected By Fire, By Water as its Community Read for 2010 - 2011.
8 / 2010
9 / 2010
- I was thrilled with novelist / book critic Matt Beynon Rees's review of "By Fire, By Water" in Ha'aretz. Rees reads like a writer -- and a highly intelligent one at that. He understood my intent, in terms both of aesthetic and content, and he brilliantly relates BY FIRE, BY WATER to the contemporary world. http://www.haaretz.com/culture/books/the-key-to-return-1.311999
10 / 2010
- Philadelphia Inquirer: "By Fire, By Water" delves into key moment in Jewish history" http://bit.ly/d8TSBz
12 / 2010